Data Protection Declaration
1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is cme4u GmbH, Röntgenstr. 7-9, 60388 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland, Tel.: 061 09 – 69 60 760, E-Mail: email@example.com. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We work together with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). You will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following sections.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
In the context of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
5) Use of Your Data for Direct Advertising
5.1 If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The indication of additional possible data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will not send you an e-mail newsletter, unless you have expressly confirmed to us that you agree to the sending of the newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm that you wish to receive future newsletters by clicking on an appropriate link.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. When you register for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration so that we can trace any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later time. The data collected by us when registering for the newsletter will be used exclusively for the purpose of advertising by means of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the responsible person named above. After your cancellation, your e-mail address will immediately be deleted from our newsletter distribution list, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data in excess thereof, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
5.2 Newsletter dispatch via Sendinblue
Our e-mail newsletter is sent by the technical service provider Sendinblue SAS (55 Rue d’Amsterdam, 75008 Paris, France), to whom we pass on the data you provide when registering for the newsletter. This passing on takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR and serves our legitimate interest in the use of an effective, secure and user-friendly newsletter system. The data you enter for newsletter subscription (e.g. e-mail address) will be stored on Sendinblue’s servers in the EU.
Sendinblue uses this information to send and statistically evaluate newsletters on our behalf. For evaluation purposes, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. This enables us to determine whether a newsletter message has been opened and which links have been clicked. Technical information is also recorded (e.g. time of access, IP address, browser type and operating system). The data is exclusively collected in a pseudonymized format and is not linked with your other personal data, a direct personal reference is excluded. This data is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better adapt future newsletters to the interests of the recipients. If you wish to object to the data analysis for statistical evaluation purposes, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter.
Furthermore, in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, Sendinblue itself may use this data for its own legitimate interest in designing and optimising the service in line with market needs and for market research purposes. Data is used, for example, to determine from which countries the recipients come. However, Sendinblue does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them or forward the data to third parties.
We have concluded an order processing agreement with Sendinblue obliging Sendinblue to protect our customers’ data and not to pass it on to third parties.
6) Use of Social Media
6.1 Facebook with Shariff Solution
Our website uses so-called social plugins ("plugins") of the social network Facebook operated by Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Facebook").
In order to increase the protection of your data when you visit our website, these buttons are not fully integrated into the page as plug-ins and only fully operational when using an HTML link. This type of integration ensures that no connection to servers of Facebook is established when a page of our website containing such buttons is called up. When you click on the button, a new browser window opens and calls up the Facebook page, where you can interact (if necessary after entering your login data) with the plugins contained there.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the Facebook data protection information: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
6.2 LinkedIn with Shariff Solution
Our website uses so-called social plugins ("plugins") of the online service LinkedIn, which is operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("LinkedIn").
In order to increase the protection of your data when you visit our website, these buttons are not fully integrated into the page as plug-ins and only operational when using an HTML link. This type of integration ensures that no connection to LinkedIn servers is established when a page of our website containing such buttons is accessed. When you click on the button, a new browser window opens and opens the LinkedIn page, where you can interact with the plugins (if necessary after entering your login data).
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by LinkedIn, as well as your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy, can be found in LinkedIn’s data protection declaration at: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
6.3 Twitter with Shariff Solution
Our website uses so-called social plugins ("plugins") of the microblogging service Twitter operated by Twitter Inc. 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA ("Twitter").
In order to increase the protection of your data when you visit our website, these buttons are not fully integrated into the page as plug-ins and only operational when using an HTML link. This type of integration ensures that no connection to Twitter’s servers is established when a page of our website containing such buttons is accessed. When you click on the button, a new browser window opens and opens the Twitter page, where you can interact with the plugins (if necessary after entering your login data).
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Twitter as well as your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the Twitter data protection information at: https://twitter.com/privacy
7) Tools and Miscellaneous
7.1 Google Web Fonts
This site uses web fonts provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google") to uniformly display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you are using must have a connection to Google’s servers. When using Google Maps, personal data may also be transmitted to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA. In this way, Google will be informed that our website has been accessed via your IP address. Google Web Fonts are used for the purpose of a uniform and attractive presentation of our online offers and its use is in our legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font is used by your computer.
This site uses so-called web fonts from "FontAwesome", a service of Fonticons, Inc, 710 Blackhorn Dr, Carl Junction, 64834, MO, USA ("FontAwesome"), for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to FontAwesome’s servers. This may also result in the transmission of personal data to FontAwesome’s servers in the USA. In this way, FontAwesome becomes aware that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of FontAwesome fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font from your computer will be used. You can find more information about FontAwesome at: https://fontawesome.com/privacy
7.3 – Zoom
We use the Zoom service of Zoom Video Communications Inc, 55 Almaden Blvd, Suite 600, San Jose, CA 95113, USA (hereinafter "Zoom") to conduct online meetings, video conferences and/or webinars.
When using Zoom, different data will be processed. The extend of the processed data depends on the data you provide before or during your participation in an online meeting, video conference or webinar. When using Zoom, data of the communication participants is processed and stored on Zoom servers. This data may include your registration data (name, e-mail address, telephone (optional) and password) and meeting data (topic, participant IP address, device information, description (optional)). In addition, visual and audio contributions of the participants, as well as voice inputs can be processed in chats.
When processing personal data necessary for the performance of a contract with you (this also applies to processing operations which are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures), Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR constitutes the legal basis. If you have given us your consent for the processing of your data, the processing will be carried out based on Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. Consent granted can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
Otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of data when conducting online meetings, videoconferences or webinars is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR in the effective conduct of online meetings, webinars or videoconferences.
8) Rights of the Data Subject
8.1 The applicable data protection law grants you the following comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data:
– Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the following information: The personal data processed by us; the purposes of the processing; the categories of processed personal data; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 when personal data is transferred to a third country.
– Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and/or the right to have incomplete personal data completed which are stored by us.
– Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you if the conditions of Art. 17 (2) GDPR are fulfilled. However, this right will not apply for exercising the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
– Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing your personal data for the following reasons: As long as the accuracy of your personal data contested by you will be verified. If you oppose the erasure of your personal data because of unlawful processing and you request the restriction of their use instead. If you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, once we no longer need those data for the purposes of the processing. If you have objected to processing on grounds relating to your personal situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
– Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, he is obliged to communicate to each recipient to whom the personal date has been disclosed any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about those recipients.
– Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require that those data be transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
– Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, we will immediately erase the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
– Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
8.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
9) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided they are no longer necessary for the performance or initiation of the contract and/or there is no longer any legitimate interest on our part in the further storage.